יום ראשון

~ Medicated..... by Will Barber


    ... mi ritrovai per una selva oscura
    ché la diritta via era smarrita....
    ... ma per trattar del ben ch'i' vi trovai,
    dirò de l'altre cose ch'i' v'ho scorte.
    *
    - Dante

    I was a blust'ry wind of youth
    Who frightened off the good,
    Puzzled how they walked a path;
    I caromed through the wood.

    White-haired, I wander
    New terrain -
    Tamed, flat, calmer -
    Euclid's plane?

    I miss my rollercoaster,
    The canyons and the hills;
    This coastal plain I can enjoy
    Because I take my pills.

    In the green twilight
    I have my bit of fun,
    As I recall my fiery days.
    The trouble I got in:

    That's great consolation.
    I miss the old extremes,
    But I'm safer to be around now.
    I still dream vivid dreams.

    05/2006




    * trans. -- I found myself in a dark wood, where the direct path was lost... but to tell of the good I found there, I will speak of the other things I discovered.



1 Comments:

Anonymous אנונימי said...

A poem that left me without heartbeat - from a dear friend...

I'd very much love to embrace him right now -

Thank you, Will, for allowing me to preserve this among my roses

12:48 לפנה״צ  

הוסף רשומת תגובה

<< Home

Copyright © Daubmir 2007-All contents.
The moral rights of the author have been asserted.
All rights reserved.




Powered by Blogger
Writing is magic, and it melts in the mind like snow at first light
~Daubmir


Add to Google