יום חמישי

~ NOW, I HOPE

    In this universe of mirrors and metaphors,
    I reflect and parallel all realities.
    All realities are in each mind,
    But deep.
    The infinite process
    Is made finite
    In each thing,
    A cross section of eternity.

    The end of all evolution is dissolution.
    This is not absurd, I tell myself.
    It would be absurd if the end of evolution
    Was the perfect state.
    It would be absurd if evolution
    Had any other end but dissolution.
    Evolution is therefore meaningless
    If it is evolution towards.
    It is now or nothing.
    A better state, a better design,
    A better self, a better world.
    I tell myself.

    The whole is not a chain,
    But a spinning top.
    The top spins,
    But stays in one place.
    One can point to a link
    In the chain or a point
    On the road and say
    'That is the best place to be';
    But a top is always in the same place.

    The weight of the top
    Must be distributed evenly
    About its central axis,
    Or the top will tilt and wobble.
    All those tendencies to think and
    Persuade away from the present life,
    From the now;
    Those attempts to make us
    Put the great weight and energy
    Of our belief and hopes
    In some other world
    Are erratic movements of weights
    Inside the top.
    I disperse my powers centrifugally,
    While remaining centripetal.
    The real meaning of life
    Is close around the axis
    Of each now.
    Now I go.
    Now
    Now, I hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger daubmir said...

Hello, darling, and welcome back!
I saw your other draft... you impatient to write? Is inspiration flowing again strong?

I feel very much like water myself: I was soooo relaxed in it... I swam, and i swam, and I swam. I thought I would mutate into a dolphin!
But now it's all finished...

I find it quite hard to return to daily life: work, routine, pain, monotony, boredom, dissatisfaction and... poetry. That's me, babe!

11:15 אחה״צ  

הוסף רשומת תגובה

<< Home

Copyright © Daubmir 2007-All contents.
The moral rights of the author have been asserted.
All rights reserved.




Powered by Blogger
Writing is magic, and it melts in the mind like snow at first light
~Daubmir


Add to Google